5 tips on transfer of PF while switching job


Below 5 tips on transfer of PF while switching job can come handy. 5 tips on transfer of PF while switching job

Track the status on the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) website

You can check your request’s status by visiting the EPFO website. You need to select the PF office’s state, regional office where your account is held, the establishment code & your account number. Extension code section is usually blank.


Generate E-Passbook for old and new accounts

EPFO’s generation of e-Passbook helps you to know the accurate status of your PF transfer. It’s important to remember that a person cannot download a passbook for multiple accounts for the same organization.

Find out where the transfer is stuck

The receiving & the sending PF office play an important role in case of a PF transfer. In certain cases both the offices are the same. In order to apply for a PF transfer, you need to submit Form no 13 to the new company’s employer. During this course, don’t forget to get an acknowledgment of your form submission from the receiving PF office. This will also help you to keep a follow up with them. In case, your PF account lies with your former company’s PF Trust then you must consult your old employer.

Document your grievance

You can raise your grievances regarding your PF transfer’s status on the EPFO’s online tool known as the Grievance Management System. You will need to file separate grievances with the receiving PF office & the sending PF office. Your grievance number must be carefully preserved. In case you don’t get any response, you should send a letter to the PF office. This letter will contain your grievance details & your online grievance reference no. It’s also important to inform about this process to the new employer & the old employer.

Use the Right to Information (RTI) Act

RTI favors you to send a letter to the Public Information Office for your concerned PF office. A postal order of Rs. 10 of your concerned account’s office must accompany your application. If you don’t get any response within a month of application then you can appeal the process as per the RTI.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here